Note, this only works with the BeagleBoard-xM. The BeagleBone isn't supported by the frame buffer driver yet.
- Connect a display to your BeagleBoard-xM. It should work with most HDMI/DVI displays.
- Boot a BeagleBoard-xM with my patches. Steps to obtain, build, and boot my code are provided here: http://minix-i2c.blogspot.ca/2013/06/minix-on-beagleboard-xm.html
- Log in as root and run the splash program
- # splash
- Observe the screen. If it worked, you should see some raccoons ( like this photo ). To stop the splash program, use Ctrl+C.
If it works
Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know. If you can, also include a description of your display (make, model, etc).
If it doesn't work
Please e-mail me at email@example.com with your display's EDID. Here are the steps to get the EDID:
- Read the EDID and store the contents in a file
- # dd if=/dev/eepromb3s50 of=/root/eeprom.dat count=1 bs=128
- E-mail me the data. You can either send me that file as an attachment (it should be on the 2nd partition of the SD card) or copy and paste the output of `hexdump -C /root/eeprom.dat` into the e-mail body.