Completed this week:
- Minor fixes to allow device drivers to survive a bus driver restart.
- Rebased against mainline Minix
- Code merged into mainline Minix:
- kernel: i2c padconf workaround
- i2c: initial bus drivers for am335x and dm37xx
- Importing usr.sbin/i2cscan
- libi2cdriver: library for i2c device drivers
- cat24c256: driver for the cat24c256 i2c eeprom
- eepromread: simple program to view eeprom contents
- Documentation posted to the Minix Wiki:
- Began the TDA19988 driver. So far it can detect if a display is connected, turn on the HDMI module, and read the revision information.
Issues / Concerns / Challenges:
- None this week :)
Plan for next week:
- EDID reading in the TDA19988 driver. Subtasks: enabling DDC, enabling interrupts, setting up the read, and reading the data.
- Begin frame buffer driver enhancements to use EDID to configure the driver properly.