Sunday 15 September 2013

Report 13 (September 9 - September 15)

This is Report #13. I plan to post these every Sunday. They will give a rundown of what I've done during the week, list any problems I had, and what I plan to do the following week. I'll be posting the reports both to the beagle-gsoc Google Group and to my blog.

Completed this week:
  • Rebased against mainline Minix
  • Continued working on porting the frame buffer driver to the AM335X. It can turn on the display and back-light and do the initialization steps, but currently it's only displaying 1 non-black pixel. More debugging work remains.
Issues / Concerns / Challenges:
  • The frame buffer driver is more challenging than I first thought. Additionally, the test program which draws raccoons on the frame buffer doesn't support 24-bit color which is needed for the LCD I'm testing with. Since there is only 1 week left and it's supposed to be for clean-up/documentation, I'm deferring the rest of the work on the frame buffer driver until after the clean-up / documentation is done.
Plan for next week:
  • Code clean-up. Think about what can be improved and do it.
    • libi2cdriver: Add common reg_read()/reg_write() functions for accessing registers on ICs.
    • TDA19988: Add a call to blockdriver_announce().
  • Review and test all code. Make sure everything still works as expected.
  • Go over documentation. Make sure it's up to date, accurate, and complete.
  • Create a final summary video for the project.
  • Revisit the frame buffer driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment